We are looking to hire a CERTIFIED COMBO PIPE FITTER / PIPE WELDER to join our Mechanical Services Division. Candidate should be able to work with little supervision and must be able to read prints.
* Candidates MUST BE CERTIFIED and have your papers ready.
* Knowledge of applicable codes.
* Knowledge of welding techniques (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and TIG), tools and equipment.
* Skill in the design, fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
* Knowledge of shop equipment.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
* Deadline and detail-oriented.
* Ability to work independently.
Pipe fitter qualifications:
* Read and interpret blueprint drawings
* Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment
* Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine
* Fit pipe in sequence to be welded in a positioner by hand or by machine.
* Layout and thread pipe using pipe threading machine
* Maintain an orderly, safe workplace
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Other duties as assigned
Candidates that are chosen to interview will be given a coupon test to demonstrate their welding skills.
Candidates MUST be experienced and must be able to pass a drug screen. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply. Full-time positions with benefits and paid time off.